Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bad Therapist Mommy

I have officially failed as a mommy-therapist. Kaley has plagiocephaly.....to many of you that probably sounds terrible but it's really just a fancy word for her having a flat head (I just wanted the drama of the big word). It's not really that bad and can be fixed by a helmet.

After noticing it just over a week ago I had a couple of the PTs from work look at her. They agreed that it was flat and that she has some tightness in her neck from constantly looking to the left. Everyone thought that her head was probably too mild for a helmet but I decided to be on the safe side and go in for a consultation anyways. We were able to get in Friday morning and even the guy that did her evaluation said he thought it didn't look too bad until he did her measurements. Then he found that it was worse than he thought...which means we will be going to get measured and fit for one in a week and continue going every week until her head is perfect again. They think it should only take 6-8 weeks which is good.

John and I are just thankful that she is healthy and we aren't dealing with anything too serious. We still love out little girl more than anything and think she is the most beautiful baby in the world, even if she does have a funny shaped head!

Anyways, enough about all of that. Uncle Lee came to visit last weekend at the beginning of his spring break and Granny (Maz) came down this week over part of hers. You can already tell that Kaley has all the men in her life wrapped around her little finger. Her Uncle sure does adore her. The night Granny got here Kaley got the giggles for the first time. She has had little tiny laughs up until now but nothing like this. She was all out laughing! Just goes to show how much she loves her Granny.

We went to go look at the house yesterday and things are really coming along. They were just finishing with the carpet when we got there. Having the carpet in makes it feel more like a home. There is still quite a bit of work to be done between now and next Friday which is when we do our final walk through. Only 2 more weeks until we get the keys to our first real home!

Kaley on our way to brunch with Uncle Lee and Susan.
Happy girl!

Sweet baby girl.

Bubbles!

At first I thought she took after her daddy and couldn't wear sunglasses cause her face was crooked but now I know her face is crooked cause she has a flat head...hmm, makes me think does daddy have a flat head too?
I guess that is all for now, we wish everyone a Happy Easter weekend.

2 comments:

Lizze said...

I love the Easter dress! If anyone can pull off the helmet fashionably, it is Kaley! I'm glad that you caught it early, so that it is easily fixable. And think, soon, Kaley can be all decked out in her infant sunglasses!

Kendra said...

Cute little punkin' . . .I love her little head - flat, crooked, perfect, whatever. She's PRECIOUS. She needs to come over and play sometime while Mommy and Daddy go out. Really. You should! Maybe while you are moving even? Just tuck that one away, k?!